It’s generally agreed that growth and business results are key indicators of a successful SAM/KAM program. Yet based on experience with numerous organizations within the SAMA community of practice, there exists an imbalance between coaching to the results (i.e., “the numbers”) and coaching to the behaviors that drive these results (i.e., SAM best practices). And while measuring revenue growth is certainly an important indicator of SAM performance, experience suggests that when emphasis is placed on the best practices that lead to revenue growth (i.e., leading indicators), not only will the results follow, but SAM performance and development will accelerate.
To be most effective as SAM/KAM coaches requires a framework of what “good” SAM looks like (the “what”) that is supported by a practical coaching model (the “how”) and can be applied to the SAM process and best practices. This one-day session focuses on the behaviors that lead to effective SAM execution (including co-discovery and co-creation of value) and equips participants with proven approaches to coaching these behaviors to drive SAM performance and effectiveness within their organizations.
As a result of this session, participants will be able to:
- Benchmark against a proven approach to co-discovering and co-creating customer value developed within the SAMA community
- Understand the SAM/KAM behaviors that drive effective co-discovery and co-creation of customer value
- Implement a set of proven coaching questions organized around the behaviors that lead to effective SAM/KAM execution and account growth
- Leverage the SAM coaching process to engage more collaboratively with SAMs/KAMs and bring value to their account planning, account management and value-selling efforts
- Practice and experience coaching SAM execution using a proven coaching model and approach that can be deployed immediately
- Identify personal SAM coaching strengths as well as coaching skills to develop over the next 6 to 12 months
Faculty: Performance Methods Inc. (PMI)