Being an account manager is not just a "glorified" sales job. Performing the intricacies of managing a strategic account is a balanced blend of business management, sales management, and financial management competencies. This workshop is for account managers who want to raise their overall level of account management competency in order to protect and grow wallet share.
Course Requirements: Pre-work will be required, using a proprietary tool that captures how a strategic account manager spends his or her time executing the account strategy. Each individual will work on a live account or opportunity of his or her own choosing. During the workshop, account managers will apply the proven processes, methods and tools taught throughout the class to the account managers' own situations. Each individual will compare his or her work to best-in-class benchmark data from high-performing strategic account managers.
- How to increase account team productivity while providing measurable customer value
- Choosing a go-to-market strategy for a particular account
- Supporting revenue goals with accurate, verifiable, customer-driven data
- Establishing a value proposition vis-à-vis your competitors
- Understanding buying cycles, market issues and business challenges to find opportunity
- Influencing politically powerful people on the customer side and cultivating strong relationships with them
- Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of key relationships