Guidelines for Velocity Authors
CALL FOR VELOCITY SUBMISSIONS FOR 2014 AND BEYOND
Are you a thought leader, innovator or leading-edge practitioner of strategic account management? Velocity Magazine, the only publication on earth devoted exclusively to the SAM profession, is seeking submissions for its upcoming issues.
Do you have a best practice, case study or innovative intellectual framework that would be of interest to your peers, i.e., our readers? If so, we want to hear from YOU.
Thousands of account professionals, SAM managers and C-level executives at the world's largest and most forward-thinking companies read Velocity to learn about best practices and next practices from professionals who are facing the same challenges they are.
Velocity is like our Annual Conference, Pan-European Conference and SAMA U boiled down and distilled, and everything we publish lives forever in our exhaustive resource library - which is free to all SAMA members.
WHO WE WANT TO HEAR FROM
- Company SAM and Sales executives, managers and strategic account managers at all levels
- Company Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management executives
- Independent consultants and academics working with strategic account organizations
KEY SUBJECT AREAS
- Mapping a customer's value chain, aligning strategic account management with supplier relationship management (SRM), and the changing role of procurement and sourcing
- Transparency in customer-supplier relationships, how customers quantify supplier value-based solutions, divining how customers want to collaborate with suppliers
C-Level Strategy and Company Alignment
- Role of CEO leadership setting the bar for execution, challenges of SAM and company culture, governance priorities of a SAM organization, overlooked issues in SAM change management
- Executive sponsorship in action, managing organizational complexity, options in structuring a SAM organization, SAM programs in transition or trouble
- Leveraging industry verticals for account strategies, learning from mistakes in account selection & de-selection, allocating and funding resources across a matrixed organization, resolving internal silo conflicts
Creating, Selling & Executing on Value
- From selling products to selling value, aligning company and customer metrics, turning customer value insights into winnable opportunities
- How to interact with customers in developing profitable joint solutions, developing a fully-baked value proposition, preparing for and winning a tough negotiation
- Global/local dilemmas in delivering to customer commitments and orders, scaling your solutions business, innovating with your customer, personal motivation and life/work balance, time management
- Selecting and hiring strategic account managers, differentiators in SAM personalities and emotional intelligence, techniques for coaching strategic account managers
- Aligning key performance indicators (KPIs) for SAMs, account team talent and incentives, role and requirements of a Director/VP of Strategic Accounts
ELEMENTS OF A SUCCESSFUL SUBMISSION
An article doesn't need to contain ALL of the following, but the more boxes it checks off, the higher priority it will be given.
- Practitioner author or co-author
- If written by a consultant, must incorporate practitioner point of view
- Real, concrete business examples that exemplify the concepts discussed in the article.
- Hard data
- Innovative concepts/"Next practices"
- Human element
HOW TO SUBMIT
If you already have a white paper, case study or article ready to go, send it to Velocity editor Nicolas Zimmerman at Zimmerman@strategicaccounts.org. If your article is timely and relevant, a conversation will follow to discuss.
If you just have an idea for an article, send a brief description and any supporting materials to Zimmerman@strategicaccounts.org.